NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

African Grey Color

Dede

I have one that is a silver color like that one, she is a larger than average bird and very sweet to me. Some folks call them Cameroon Greys referring to the local they were originally caught in. It looks like this one needs some toys, perches and a cage much larger and time to change the paper. Will try for a good photo when lighting is better.

Edited by Greywings

I, too, have seen off color Greys. Sort of brownish, more like silver-brown. I've also seen red Greys. Some red is not so uncommon, but, mostly red is. Someone, I believe in Germany, is breeding red Greys. They are oddly beautiful. But, then aren't all Greys beautiful??

For sure they are beautiful. I now have an 8 month sweet congo, she has some extra red feathers at her lower body (close to her tail). I am not sure if I should bring the one with brown color home. Is this color rare?

Edited by Dede

Not to my knowledge. Plus, color shades can molt out and change. Do not take her in because she's odd, take her in if you feel you can give her a good home. And. if you're experienced enough for her competent care. In addition to the sweetie you already have. Often the charm and impulse of these guys fades quick, when faced with the reality of what they need.

Thank you for the advice. I had thought of bringing her in but I am too much hesitating as I am not sure if I can give proper care to three birds at the same time (I have a grey and a cinnamon conure).

Edited by Dede