NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Mating Season

chezron

Do you ever wonder about depriving your Grey of a natural existence? Meaning that, if left to his or her own devices they would be mated and setting up a nest situation with eggs and babies. My guy is definitely in the mood this year. I cannot let my hand drift past his head or he is instantly in the mood. He will start bobbing his head, or regurgitating or clicking his beak. I feel bad for him. I am not his mate and I never will be, yet he sees me as such. How do you deal with this situation?

I admit I feel guilty to some degree. But it's kind of like the type of guilt when male friends & I don't agree about our relationship. Fortunately, it doesn't impact my relationship w/my fids & they get over it a whole lot faster ( until the next time anyway). To the best of my knowledge, they don't hold a grudge. lol

And the trade off, I hope, is quality of life as compared to being in the wild. They're pretty much always safe. There's always good food & lots of it. They're healthy. Many more days than not, they seem at least to be pretty happy about their idyllic if not perfect existence.