NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Introducing Jabber Wocky

Vycine

Hello! My name is Jessi and my husband and We got our CAG, Jabber, at the end of September. She (dNA sexed by breeder) was born last May, which makes her about 7 and a half months old.

We researched birds for about a year before we settled on African Greys as one we were very interested in. We went to a bird show in Omaha, NE intending just to look. However, there was a breeder with CAG youngins. We stopped to play...and Jabber picked my husband. She picked him so firmly that not even the breeder could get her to come down from his shoulder.

So here we are, and we are fully smitten with her. She is spoiled rotten with a huge cage and tons of toys. We both work during the day, but she is out of her cage whenever we are home.

I've been lurking around the forums for a while, but now that holiday break is here I thought it was time to say hello!

Here's Jabber playing in water on top of her cage.

Jessi

Love the video. You are extremely fortunate that Jabber loves the water as many greys do not. My greys also enjoy a good bath and open their wings and feathers for a thorough soaking down to the skin. Great video! Welcome to the Grey family!

She's not actually very fond of showers.she even hates being misted, but we've gotten her to play in that, and only on the top of her cage in that shallow dish. My husband took it a little fast with the perch in the shower, I think, and she likes to go in the shower, but squawks like a chicken if she gets wet in any way while in there.

Congratulations & Welcome! She's such a pretty little girl!

That was a greyt idea putting the boot/dog/whatever tray on top of the cage. Anything to get her to start enjoying water & bathing is super. And don't worry about her response to other types of bathing at the moment. She's going to change her mind about a lot of things in the next 50 or so yrs. That may well be one of them. Especially once the weather gets warmer.

I can't decide which part of your video was more charming - Jabber running, playing, squeaking and obviously joyful at her play time - or - the two proud new parents playfully "squeaking" and obviously joyously smitten with Jabber's play. They can both be my favorite parts. It brought tears to my eyes to see the happy baby and to hear you both with her. Thank you for joining us and giving me this morning respite. Welcome to our forum.