NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I learned something new

murfchck

After getting all dressed up for a Christmas party last night, doing my hair, putting on a dress and making the hair just so, I went to say goodnight to my flock. I scared the crap out of them. Bongo went flying all around his cage, Gabby broke 2 tail feathers trying to get as far away from me as she could. Oliver went to the back of the cage and shook and the cockatoo's screamed their heads off. Cotay just watched me very closely. I tried giving them almonds and only Bubba and Ixta would take them. Pat had to go in there and settle everyone down and put them to bed.

What I learned was I don't get out much. lol To scare my birds when I get dressed up is a sad thing. I told Pat he needs to take me out at least once a month, you know, for the birds sake!

Soooo funny. Dorian has a temper tantrum when he sees me putting on makeup or jewellery because he knows I'm going out, but it doesn't freak him out anymore. I agree a monthly primp followed by an out-of-the-house date is called for. What are the odds of that actually happening?

So I kind of had the opposite experience...

I have always loved dressing up for Halloween. I love makeup and special effects. We went to great lengths to set up a graveyard in the front yard and "haunt" the garage, complete with fog machine and lots of animated "friends". (Last year, we got 0 trick-or-treaters here so this year, being busy with Marden's Ark, we just didn't bother). I have to say, no matter how much make up I wore and how scary I tried to look - and even the contacts, the birds were unaffected. Not one 'fright', not one squawk, not one growl.

Here's what I looked like:

DEEmon!.jpg

2011 (before the contacts) That fright wig is home grown. :P

eyes.JPG

2012 (with contacts and really lousy 'mask'/appliance)

So if the birds recognizes me and are not bothered by this appearance, that must mean I look a fright when I am *not* in costume, lol.