NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

galah cockatoos

susie

My very close friend has a Galah. They are beautiful birds. They are very very different to Greys though. They may be about the same size, and similar colouring (sort of!) but they are nothing like Greys.

Charlie (the Galah) is a clown, he loves to play and dance, he has ZERO concentration, and hasnt learned anything yet (2 years old!) He is so much fun to watch, but her house is wrecked because he chews! I dont think he has enough to chew on in his stand personally which could be why he has chewed on her furniture and stuff.

I love him to bits, he is also a one person bird in her house, so he hates me. But I dont mind I could watch his antics all day.

As to whether he will mix with your greys, I should say definitely not. A galah would most likely make a grey very nervous because they are so giddy. But then a grey wont necessarily mix with another grey either.

If YOU want a galah for YOU, then I say go for it. But dont get him for your grey!

Siobhan

thanks tari and siobha9

he is at the moment with my brothers ex wife.she has just gone through another divorce and cant afford to keep him as she has 5 children and loads of guinea pigs lol.

he is adorable and i have fallen in love with him.

he is 3 years old and loves his belly being rubbed.he rolls over so that it can be rubbed,crafty devil:)

we have a spare cage now as we spoilt our 2 greys and got them new penthouses and were going to get another bird anyway lol.

this galah actually comes with his cage so i will still have an empty cage!:) who knows another bird might be on its way to me anyway lol.

thankyou for the advice.

i will let you know how i get on:)

susie

tari

ive read the sticky you mentioned.

brilliant info.

the galah will have his own cage so he wont be with our greys.but he might be on the playtree that hubby made with them.

we will see how he is ,but if they dont like each other we will put him on there on his own lol.

susie

lol,our CAG says that when hubby leaves the room.

as soon as hubby comes home he goes straight into the lounge to see them and the CAG nearly breaks his neck in trying to get to hubby.he then puts his head down and says "rub my neck" lol

susie

Guest briansmum

i'm with tari... greeeeeen with envy. i love galahs ever since i had my bonding session with one at the zoo. i swear it wanted me to come with me!

lovely birds, you should deffinately get him!