NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello again to Charlie!

Hi everyone!

I have adopted a 11 month old CAG about 3 weeks ago, his name is Charlie. Now Charlie is not a new member to the forum, but his mommy is, Lol.

Charlie lived with another forum member, but due to unfortunate circumstances, she had to make the difficult decision to rehome him. That is where I come in.

We started out with a couple of slightly painfully bites, but I see progress every day, which is awesome.

I have started clicker training, and I am so proud of how clever he is! In 3 weeks he has learned to turn, shake my finger with his foot, touch and shake his head "no" upon request! He seems very keen and exited to learn. I also got hold of the avian harness, which believe me, is not easy in South Africa, as it is imported and expensive, lol. But he already knows which hole to put his head through to get his treat!

For the first time today he just hung out on my lap without wanting to get back to his cage the moment I stop feeding treats as well. The joy that gave me was beyond words!

Although he still won't allow me to pet him, every day we are getting closer and bonding little by little.

Not sure if he is a he or a she yet, but we have an appointment with the vet on the 23d for DNA and microchipping. Will let you know.

2014-11-23 18.01.35-2.jpg

Edited by Charlie's Mom

Congratulations on your new companion and welcome to our forum. You are getting off to a good start with Charlie. He has had a living start in life and like Nancy said, he is still very much a baby. You will win his heart in no time. It is going to be an adventure for both of you. Thanks for joining us. We learn from every new and unique grey family and will cheer for your success and brainstorm for problem solving along with you.

Congratulations on your trust promotion. You have every right to be stoked, chuffed and delighted. It's a big step in a positive trend for you and Charlie. My little friend Miss Gilbert willingly bows her head and solicits scratches from everyone who walks past her cage while we are away from home for an extended time. She has only let me scratch her head twice in a month. Treat his acceptance with awe and appreciation, he has chosen to accept you. That's just a balm to my soul, thanks for the update.

Edited by katana600
Typo

Update: We visited the vet today, and it is official......Charlie is a boy!

We also got rid of the ring that was bothering him and he now has a microchip as well.

Both him and Milo got the thumbs -up and declared in very good condition.

I am so happy!

Now I just want to teach him to say: "I have a microchip, take me to the vet" if someone asks his name! Lol