NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

apple cider vinger

brockcar

I haven't heard this before, so I don't know whether it is true, but I doubt it, we don't like putting anything in their water bowls but just water.

I see this is your first post, why don't you introduce yourself in the welcome room and tell us a little about yourself and if you have a grey, we would like to hear about it also.:)

thanks my name is karen and yes i amnew i have a gray . and 5 orthers in house qaker and 3 tetes. i work for a zoo when i was yonger and have all ways had birds. all in witch i have hand raised intill now . i have found a great love for the unwanted that i taken in my gray brokcar . he came in may and dadwood the qaker who i 16 and a grompy old man with a bad mounth witch we have lots of hours lol with. and tetts in witch were gotten by familey that thought they would never make mess lol.

i have three kids all grown but 15 year old i write poetry and storys for kids. i have been haveing health problems lately but should know soon what it is maybe stroke they thing now shore. but can still think and typ so far know soon thos. i live on woods in ala way out so writeing as became grat love as well as birds.

I haven't heard of vinegar helping to boost them and help build up their bodies if that is what you're asking. However, if your Grey has a yeast infection(one of mine did when I got her) you can give them about a half teaspoon of it in with one cup of water to help clear up the yeast infection. Aside from that I've never heard of any other uses for it other than cleaning cages!

Okay, I just made this post elsewhere, but I will repeat it here.

My avian vet highly recommends lacto plus anytime our grey is ill. You put in a tsp. to 1 pint of water and use it as their drinking water for 2 weeks, followed by 1 tsp. to 1 pint of water of organic apple cider vinegar for 2 weeks.

He advises all his avian patients to do this every 3 months, to keep their systems healthy from bacteria.

He will use this method instead of antibiotics as much as possible. It does help a great deal.