NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Redness around Beak

Talon

Rikki my cag has a little bit of pink/ sort of redness around the corners of her beak. I noticed it over 6 months ago..it never gets better or worse. She acts perfectly fine otherwise., appetite same, behavior, etc. I can't get it to show up on any pics I take due to the lighting. Could it be from rubbing her beak? Or could it be a deficiency of some sort? I haven't taken her to the vet as she gets so stressed out there, I don't want to put her thru that unless absolutely necessary.

Any suggestions? I have googled it several times, but don't see it anywhere in pics or questions..

Rikki my cag has a little bit of pink/ sort of redness around the corners of her beak. I noticed it over 6 months ago..it never gets better or worse. She acts perfectly fine otherwise., appetite same, behavior, etc. I can't get it to show up on any pics I take due to the lighting. Could it be from rubbing her beak? Or could it be a deficiency of some sort? I haven't taken her to the vet as she gets so stressed out there, I don't want to put her thru that unless absolutely necessary.

Any suggestions? I have googled it several times, but don't see it anywhere in pics or questions..

That can happen when parrots like to chew on items that have pointed edges such as a square box. They bite down on the edges causing a skin marking that sometimes goes away or sometimes doesn't If everything is cool, eating, playing, chewing shouldn't be a problem. Call it a battle car. If it does go away, it may take quite a while.The only time thing to really worry is when that area swells up in a short amount of time.

Compare it to a human skin blotch. A person goes outside, the arm is in the sun, and the person developes a mark that looks bloody but isn't. Sometimes that person id left with a slight mark ( with no color) on the skin area or sometimes it doesn't leave any marks. 6 mts has gone by, no increase or decrese in the area?? I would just keep a periodic eye on ir OR you csn go to a vet now. It's up to you.