NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Europa my 16yr old rehome

JoeGrey

First, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome in the welcome forum. For those who do not know Europa, she is a 16yr old female CAG that had lived with her previous owner since she was 6 months old. Unfortunately, they had an issue arise that forced them to have to rehome her. I am going to remain in contact with them, as they were very attached to her. So she has been with me now for about 10 days. I am going at her speed. The second day she was coming out of her cage and sitting on the door while I talked to her. She also ate some breakfast on a plate next to me. By day four she was looking at me and raising her foot to be picked up, so I did. I still haven't tried to give her scratches, but she will eat from my hand and seems to enjoy being by me. Yesterday while doing dishes she kept making noises at me, so I brought her over to the counter. My wife got her a small radio and today she wanted to check it out while I was in the kitchen with her. So, thats about where we are now. Here are some pics I got of her today.

CAM00179.jpg

CAM00163.jpg

CAM00169.jpg

CAM00172.jpg

CAM00175.jpg

Europa's transition to your home is ideal. There are always circumstances for when it is necessary to make this kind of change. For you to have a well loved African Grey with the support and contact from her original home is optional. The progress you have made so quickly is a testament to your welcome, slow and steady approach. It's also speaks to Europa's breeding, life experience and temperament and of course, to the love and respect of her first home. It makes me so happy to see that you have been chosen by this very special girl.

She looks very good and i love her name. Be careful with her in the kitchen though, cuz pretty soon she will start telling you what to cook and how to cook it! Mine have started even helping with the dishes, to bad they can't grasp that throwing them off the counter isn't really helping. And don't show her the paper towels or you will never have any left on the roll when you need it! Lol