NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Google Warns About GF in Search Results

birdhouse

FYI

My user stat's changed overnight. Think my post count dropped from 2100+ but I gained "thanked" count which I thought was only 3300+. I had also noticed RayP's rep was one more than mine. It s/b 131 & it's down to 125.

I don't pay enough attention usually. Just sometimes numbers or combinations catch my eye. This week, almost all my stats happened to be numbers made from 0-3. (:o It's a weird thing that runs in the family. My sister remembers everyone's license plate).

A-ny-way - my numbers look wrong & I know for sure that Ray's rep is off. So, under the circumstances, I thought I should pass it on.

Edited by birdhouse

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped you a note, Talon, but just adding that I had not signed on for a few weeks (very busy offline) and when I first signed in the other day, all was fine. The next morning though, my login info did not work. I kept getting repeated lockouts and notices that I used the wrong username or password. Then I was given antispam puzzles to do when I tried to just re-register and got a notice that my registration was denied because this site does not accept spammers. I sent several help requests for a new password, none of those hit my mailbox nor my spam box. (I couble and triple checked all of my original login, i.e. password, etc). Then weirdly this morning, I tried again, and everything was back to normal.

I also got a "dangerous URL" notice yesterday from my anti-virus, when going to the Forums link from the main page.

Glad you posted that. Well, not "glad" glad. lol

But my antivirus has been flagging GF's main page as "...a malicious IP address" since before the lock out a few months ago. I didn't think it would be available again until it was safe. But the page is still getting flagged even after it became available again.

I was kind of wondering if my software was being over protective. They can do that sometimes. But apparently not the case, here.

I too have had problems getting on and also a page in a foreign language that has asked if I want to have it translated. I have not translated it.

I get the same thing and I can't even log on with my laptop no more, it completely blocks me out this forum site. I can only access it with my ipad or iPhone with that pop up site all the time popping out of no where....?

^^^^ What means :o "link hopping"??

I have been getting the warning below for the past day. The info page that linked to the warning said that the site had 16 pgs that were installing software w/o user's consent, or some such. Just clicked to check at 09:09 11-16-14 & didn't get any warning. So YAY if the tech guru's eventually got this all cleaned up in like 24 hrs!

ps Sorry, but I haven't been able to control the size of any pic I post lately. They're all huge for some reason.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25771&stc=1

gf111514warning1.jpg

Edited by birdhouse

YAY!! Was able to get back on just now! I got the same WARNING after the last time I signed on. SO glad it is fixed. I have sure missed everyone! Talon, let me know if you got my private message with the Bill of Sale form -- I sent it when I was able to briefly log on, and don't know if it ever went through. xo