NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Adopted 16 yr old grey

JoeGrey

Hello, my name is Joe and I am in South Florida. I've been around birds most of my life and just adopted a CAG that is a 16yr old female. She looks great and seems friendly, I held her with her previous owner before I brought her home. Now, I am just letting her settle in and relax, talking to her and spending time on and off near her cage. Shes making her whistling noises and the noise of her previous owners email alert, so hopefully she settles in well.

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for joining us. What's your girl's name? It's a good sign that she is vocalizing. Glad you had a good introduction and she came to you and let you hold her there. Hopefully you can stay in touch with her former home to help translate some of her requests and what she expects for a response. There was nothing in my life to compare to the complexity and the sheer joy of living with such an exquisite creature. I hope every day you fall in love with her just a little more.

Thank you for giving this older grey a new home. Take your time and let her observe his new home and kind of get the lay of the land. Don't be surprised if she regresses a little after being in your home for a little while. We call it the honeymoon period and it's very common. Enjoy your new buddy.

Edited by Acappella

Hello, my name is Joe and I am in South Florida. I've been around birds most of my life and just adopted a CAG that is a 16yr old female. She looks great and seems friendly, I held her with her previous owner before I brought her home. Now, I am just letting her settle in and relax, talking to her and spending time on and off near her cage. Shes making her whistling noises and the noise of her previous owners email alert, so hopefully she settles in well.

Hi Joe, Where abouts in South Florida. That's where I am at the moment..

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's been about a week now, and she is still doing good. She is talking a lot and exploring the house. Doesn't seem scared and even follows my wife around the kitchen. I'm so glad we found her. Here is a pic of her eating some bananas with me in the morning and another of her chilling on the cage door while I was talking to her.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow,she's already chillin, outside the cage, one leg up. That's greyt!!!

Today she sat on my arm and ate some banana and nuts. I feel she is doing extremely well, and I continue to remind myself to go slow. I talk to her a lot, and I know when she wants to be picked up, as he lifts her leg and leaves her toes open and waits for me to put my arm there. When she's not in the mood, she just looks at me.

Welcome to the forum! Your new girl sounds amazing! What was the reason for the previous owners relinquishing her to you?

They had gotten her when she was 6 months old and it's been her only home other then mine. Unfortunately they had a life changing situation which forced them to rehome her. The guy and I have spoken a few times in the week that she has been with me, he truly cared for her, and hopefully we will remain in contact.