NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Parrot Mash

jenlap

I have made the decision to change Shiner Bird to a mash diet but had a few questions that I cannot find the answers to. I was able to find a few recipe ideas but would like to know if I still have to supplement with pellets after the transition? Are there any vitamin supplements I should add, or should the right recipe be balanced enough?

If you will look in the Bird Food room you will find many good recipes for mash and other ideas for presenting real food. You should not need to feed pellets or add any vitamins if you feed a balanced mix or dark leafy greens and brightly colored veggies along with other grains, legumes, beans and a little fruit.

Edited by Greywings

I loved Greywings advice. I have never had a diet issue, as I had an Amazon that led the flock with diet. Kiki tested everything, the other birds followed. They had a healthy seed mix, as well as fresh fruits and veggies. If your bird is more into a mash diet, satisfy that need but continue to offer healthy pellots, fresh fruits and veggies. Its a battle.... you just have to do it over and over.... Nancy