NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

He Squeals!

chezron

Does your Amazon Parrot do this? Pancho is a Panama Amazon. When he is really content and happy he sits on his perch and he squeals. At least that is the closest i can come to describing the sounds he makes. It is so funny! I love to hear it because I know it means he is very satisfied, content, and happy. It is sort of like when African Greys grind their beak.

Amazons can be very vocal when they show their feelings.

Cricket had this very soft and content sound when she was happy. She also had a her happy squeals along with her coos and her cat like purrs.

She was a very happy Amazon and showed it in her actions and sounds of content.

My Panama Amazon doesn't squeal, but does make 'pirate bird' sounds. I can envision him in a supporting role as Johnny Depp's parrot companion. His laugh is ridiculously pirate-like, as is his voice in general. One day I'm going to have to video tape him talking and laughing for everyone to hear!

I don't recall my Tigger doing that. But everytime someone mentions an Amazon behavior I'm always compelled to mention my Caique. You wouldn't believe how similar the two are. Both are clowns of the parrot world. Btw...my Toby squeaks/squeals when I have him next to me on my shoulder. It's the cutest thing. I don't know how I ever lived without these guys.