NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Looking for Abandoned or Homeless Grey or other Parrot for sale

Bigwick70

If anyone knows of an unwanted or abandoned African Gray that is for sale PLEASE contact me 304 664 9752... My Aunt Sharon recently saw a 2 month old Grey that her mother-n-law bought in Ocala FL, and she instantly fell in love and was interested in getting one. She is like me in her love for critters and would take great care of him/her and I told her it would be best to try to rescue an animal first.

I had no idea that there were so many birds being neglected and abandoned till recently when I saw a video on this

Please let us know if you do. I will put you in touch with her. Call me anytime, day or night:)

Thank you...

Bigwick, invite your Auntie to join our forum, and read up on the posts to get in a little up to speed time while waiting for a bird. Craigslist almost always has greys pop up (depending on your area) but she should ask many questions about why they are being rehomed, and should take her time in finding just the right pal for her. It's so tempting to want to pick up the first available bird, but personality matches are very important and even more so with first timers even with a lot of love in the mix :)

It's wonderful that she wants to adopt, and so also check for rescue organizations in her area. I love the photos of your own menagerie, and can tell that you and your auntie have a lot in common :)

There are so many African Greys out there that need forever homes. I personally got Sophie at age two.I personally could not get another Grey, even though my heart is opened to more. My kids and I have discussed it, and we realize it would not be best for Sophie. It would stress her. I am open to another dog..... fighting that pull! Nancy