NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

seeds

ccilia5767

well, I think for this one my english knowledge isnt enough, i hope I can get across what I am talking abaut.

Saturday I bought a special seed mix that I am supposed to make tiny plants out of before I feed it. I read this is very healthy for birds so I decided to buy some. On the package it said instructions inside. I thought easy enough- went home dumped the seeds into a ziploc bag but there was no instructions.

So far I put them in a plate with papertowel and wet them.

Does anybode here know how to do it right? Some have popped open and I want to wait until tomorrow to see if all are opend and have a little green before I give it to Churchill.

I want to give that to him once or twice a week. Maybe somebody can english word for that. Thanx

Hi sounds as if you have purchased some sprouting seeds.You are correct they are very nutrional to our greys.i will do a step by step guide on how i sprout mine.

Rinse some seeds in cold water.

Soak overnight in cold water.

in the morning rinse them agin in a colinder with running water.

Spread them out on a damp paper towel

leave them somewhere warm,check on them & if they feel a little dry rinse them again.

within the next 24 hours they should start to sprout,You can leave them a little longer if not many have sprouted.

Feed some to your grey,the leftover ones can be kept in the refrigerator as they keep for a few days & continue to sprout.

You will get the hang of it if it doesnt work the first time, have another go :)

hope this helps.