NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

UPDATE on Lost CAG!!!!

Gyro

I got a telephone call last night from the rspca, saying the had found a parrot, at first i thought it was a prank call, im not saying i gave up hope to find him again, but after the heat wave hit 100, i thought he would find it hard to survive, anyway, he was spotted by someone, nearly 3 and half miles away, and escaped the first attempt at capture, and was tracked and finally caught in hughenden park, i dont know how he got that far, but i do live on top of a hill and the park is in the valley. he was at an owl sanctuary near sunderton, which would have been the last place i would have called, thinking they deal with birds of prey only, so the rspca asked me a few questions about him, i.e what does he say?, what wing was clipped and how?, and a few other questions. i was already to go and pick him up there and then, but was told to wait till the next day and was given a time to go and see him. today seemed to drag on and on, finally 5:30 came and i shot out the door, drove to the sanctuary/farm and there he was, with grape mush on his beck. i couldnt believe it, as soon as he saw me he said hello, i dont know how to describe the feeling i had, but i was happy to see him. i took him out of the cage and he crawled straight onto my shoulder, looking at me like where have you been? and then lowering his head so i could give him a scratch. so having talked to the helpers, signed a few papers, i bought him home, all the way i couldnt believe i got him back. i put him on his perch and he went straight to the food and didnt stop eating and drinking for ages, his eyes looked a bit sunken, like he was dehydrated, but now i have bought him up to his cage they look better. he has been chatting away, saying hello with one leg tucked away, and his eyes closed, i think hes happy to be home, and so am i. he has a appointment with his vet in the morn, just for a check up and a reclip, im sure the rspca checked him over, but i now feel we have a closer bond. in the afternoon we are going to go and see his publicist, to see how soon he can have his memoirs published, ofcourse with his harness on. thanks to everyone for all your support.