NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

He flew to me!

Sanveaz

Escher is a timid bird. I think it has something to do with his missing nails, it effects his balance. He rarely hops across spaces bigger than a couple of inches. I've tried getting him to fly to me but he won't do it, why should he when he knows that if he begs I'll go get him. He's just so cute when he begs I can't resist. He also knows that if he flies somewhere I'll go get him.

Today I had my back to him because I was doing something at the table. The table and his stand are about 4 feet apart. I heard the wings start up and immediately asked where he was going. Before I could turn around he landed on my back. I got so excited I startled Pablo who jumped off the stand and landed on the dogs back and startled him. So I then had a bird on my back, one on the dog and the dog running around trying to get this thing off his back. It was pretty funny. My husband rescued the dog and Pablo, but Escher was still clinging to my back, my husband can't touch him when I'm around. I had to pull my shirt up over my should to get Escher off my back.

I'm so excited and so proud of Escher. He decided he wanted me and figured out a way to get to me. I figured he would eventually. I didn't want to push him and it worked it just took a little while.

The sound of wings behind me is something I will never grow tired of hearing. It's more exciting when it's a hard won accomplishment. I am cheering for Escher's progress. May he have many more joyful moments in flight. The dog is probably not near as pleased with this development. :-)

No his nails have not come back. His nails were already gone when we got him at 10 months old and he turned 2 in June. I don't know how old he was when the nails were pulled out but I'm pretty sure they are not coming back since it's been this long and they are not back yet. His balance is much better than it used to be but he is still timid. He seems to have gotten a little braver since we got Pablo, who has no fear.