NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

poop color

leonidas

hey... leonidas is doing great now... he is 16 n a half weeks old now... yay!.... i just have one concern.... he is pooping well but the color of his URINE... NOT URATES... is yellow stained... he has been eating pellets... apples... n seeds... and is still on formula... but i dont know whether i should be concerned about the color... the poop smells as well... so i dont know what it is.. the feces are ok... but along with the good feces he has some small ones with it.. all in the same poop... i searched google, but didnt find any good information... his urates are white.. but the urine is not... and it smells bad.. should i be concerned? THANKYOU ALL!

The only thing I can think to ask is 1) Did they previously smell? Dayo's or my Conures do not smell. 2) does the "small poops" within the big poop appear to perhaps be partially undigested seeds or pellets?

The best way to resolve your concern, would of course be to take a fresh stool to the vet for analysis to see if you grey may have some type of parasite.

Well. see i dont quite know what it is because the only weird poop he does is during the day.. the first one. which smells. and then the ones after that are normal. so i dont quite know whether it is issue... its just the first one that smells and is weird. the rest are very normal. so i dont know!... but i will try getting up early to catch his first poop of the day... because the rest are usually normal... any suggestions?.. what tests are they?.. and how much do they generally cost?. Leo doesnt need to go to the vets right?... also he is gaining weight, eating right, and is very active and talkative... there are no other symptoms of illness... any suggestions?...:S

well the first poop smells, and is weird.. the urine is yellowish.. the urates are normal... the fecal matter is weird in consistency too.. its not like diarrhea, but more like several really small poops... its weird... should i take a picture of it and put it up here?... it will obviously take a day if i am to do that.. since he only has that kind of poop during the day....

Yeah, I bet it's just the normal "pelican poop". My grey lets out a huge poop first thing in the morning, and again when I get home because he does not like to poop in his cage and will hold it till I get home and take him to the toilet.:laugh: The great benifit to having him enjoy pooping in the toilet is I can just flush those stinky nasty mega poops. The big poops do normally look different than the little poops...mine has about 3 different normal poops he lets out. Your baby should be fine without a vet visit.

BTW...The vet I took my Sun Conure to that only did a visual and fecal exam only cost around $40...it was a normal vet that would see birds but was not a full blown Avian vet.<br><br>Post edited by: BMustee, at: 2007/11/06 18:44

Guest briansmum

their poop does look wierd sometimes, if brian has some juice it can be a bit runny, or if he has baby food it goes orange :S but i can't say i've noticed any smell, not even the morning one.

try and post us a picture so we can see better but i think as dan suggested a poop sample for the vet could help put your mind at rest

So here is the picture, as i promised. I am really worried cause the smell has gotten worse. i don't know what it is. and i don't know if i should be taking him to the vet's because he hates it. about the poop test, we dont have any avian vets in the area.. would any vet do?...the urates are more of a creamy color, i don't know if they are visible in the picture... the urine is obviously yellow. so im worried.. could anyone tell me what could be wrong?

So here is the picture, as i promised. I am really worried cause the smell has gotten worse. i don't know what it is. and i don't know if i should be taking him to the vet's because he hates it. about the poop test, we dont have any avian vets in the area.. would any vet do?...the urates are more of a creamy color, i don't know if they are visible in the picture... the urine is obviously yellow. so im worried.. could anyone tell me what could be wrong?

So here is the picture, as i promised. I am really worried cause the smell has gotten worse. i don't know what it is. and i don't know if i should be taking him to the vet's because he hates it. about the poop test, we dont have any avian vets in the area.. would any vet do?...the urates are more of a creamy color, i don't know if they are visible in the picture... the urine is obviously yellow. so im worried.. could anyone tell me what could be wrong? [file name=DSC08150__Large___Medium___Small___Small_.zip size=53127]http://www.greyforums.net/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/DSC08150__Large___Medium___Small___Small_.zip[/file]<br><br>Post edited by: leonidas, at: 2007/11/08 21:27

DSC08150__Large___Medium___Small___Small_.zip