NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New cage...any opinions?

Loco11

Thanks Kim...a little TOO big...lol! The one I ordered is 32x24.... Not huge, but our bird is out of the cage virtually all of the time except when we're at work. It has a play top and we also have ropes and perches set up on our screened in porch for when the weather is nice. I plan to not clip this bird and try to train her to fly to me...and maybe even on a leash outside!

32 by 24 sounds reasonable! Believe it or not... most greys prefer a cozy cage, but with room to move around in. Sophie's cage looks more like KimKim's. She is intimidated by it, and she has had it a few years. She just decided to move in with Kiki and Sunny. She " escapes", to the big cage when she needs to get away. She isn't afraid of it... but its not her home. Nancy

I think it is what they get used to and how long they are caged each day. If you are going to be gone for several hours each day (like for work) they need more space. If the cage is primarily for sleep, a smaller one is probably fine. I prefer a big one. When I got Timber, he was in a small, rust bucket of a cage. It took a while to get him to accept his current large one. Now that he is in it, he loves it and uses every part of it at sometime or another. He is out more now that hubby and I are partially retired, but I think he likes his space.