NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

very bad news :(

jimmycoop2005

I have been impersonating Jack Sparrow to get a little more cash, I had a gig today finished it, went to pay the breeder the rest of the money I owe on Beaker. My girlfriend called first, and said that he died this morning. She told me and I was in shock forever, now I'm just very depressed. :( Poor little guy :( :( :( :( :( :(

jimmycoop2005 I am so sorry to hear that.

I would contact the breeder & ask exactly what has happened ? They should reimburse you your money.Dont let them try & palm you off with another baby !You need to know what caused your baby's death etc.. & have they lost other babies ? Good luck hunny my thoughts are with you.Please keep us informed.

I am so sorry to hear this Jimmy, I know you are devastated and rightly so. You should find out what happened to your Beaker and I would be hesitant to get another one from that breeder, but definitely get your money back, this was not your fault.

Even though you had not brought him home, you were so attached to this baby and it hurts no less that he was still at the breeders and my heart goes out to you. Know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and if you want another one please don't get it from this breeder, I don't trust him.

Sorry to hear of the loss of a life.

Money is secondary, first find out what went wrong. Maybe your bird was sold to someone paying higher and you were given an ala by?

You SHOULD get your money back. However, if the dealer is nice and offers your money back, MAYBE he did take care of the bird and it died a natural death. In that case, getting another bird should be fine. :dry:

I went up there last night, and I didn't even ask for my money back he just gave it to me. He said he is terribly sorry, he said it looks like he might have accidentally chocked on a peace of bedding while he was taking his cousin to work. Beaker was the only one in his clutch, but he did say if one of the other pair of Timnehs have any babies, I can have one for free. I am pretty sure they are telling the truth, both of them seemed to be very upset. When I got back home last night my dad had been looking for another bird, but can't really find any breeders. Anyone know any good ones?

LMG is right on.

It sounds like your breeder was very upset at the loss of the baby he had been lovingly handfeeding for months. :-(

It was a wonderful offer to just give you a TAG free out of the next clutch, after giving your money back. :-)

Oh Jimmy that's terrible. One of those freak things that happen in life and gets one upset. I can imagine it must be really hurtful for the breeders as well, after feeding and caring for him all this time. And, your expectations: shattered :(

I'm very sorry to hear about Beaker...I would be very upset as well. Freak things like that can happen, but it's still hard to deal with. Your breeder sounds like a stand up person to give you your money back and offer another bird from the next brood for free. Seeing as though Beaker died due to an accident I wouldn't hesitate to get another bird from them. I hope that it doesn't take long for there to be another clutch so you can get the bird you obviously want so much.

That is terrible, it makes you question what the universe is trying to tell you. We had that happen with our macaw...the breeder was soo upset and in tears, we went back to see her with full intentions of just getting our money back...figuring that a B&G just wasn't in our future. She was feeding the last baby she had (the only one not sold, we passed him up as his beak was a little crooked), and that baby crawled up on my husband and loved on him the whole time we were there...I guess that was what the universe wanted, he came home with us and has been the BEST bird we could ever ask for. Don't worry, you will find the perfect baby or the probably more true...the perfect baby will present itself to you. So sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry you are going through this loss. Whenever you love there's a chance of pain and I know Beaker already had a place in your heart. You were doing everything right, and I hope you'll soon bring home a grey you can love for decades like you would have Beaker.

That is such a heartwarming story, Christina, and you are truly blessed to have that B&G that picked you, it was meant to be, things really do happen for a reason. Maybe this will be the inspiration that Jimmy needs to know that another grey is out there for him and if it is meant to be it will be.