NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Goodbye Cocoa, Hello Kilaya

dhorje

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVED the video! I LOVE your baby.... so much potential! Awesome training. Can I send Sophie over for flight training? She needs it ... she may be a social butterfly, but she wouldn't do what kilaya did Nancy

Sure. Meet you at the airport. :)

Dinner.

I would meet you at the airport! LOL! How interesting, that we all work to make our birds

successful in life. We all have different plans, but one goal! If you lived next door, we could trade.... You have your strength and so do I. Sophie would drive you crazy within 24 hours! LOL Than again, me training Sophie would drive me crazy as well!I wish we all lived closely, and could meet in one room. Can you imagine? Nancy

Vacations are the toughest! As I don't close their cage and they have their own room, it was very tough for me in the beginning. I went to my groomer as I trust him, but Sophie couldn't be loose which I understood. She would have gone crazy.... so I told him to let her out on the playstand ( huge), all day. She interacted with customers all day long. When I came back, there were several " offers" for her, which my groomer told me he had to say. It kinda freaked me out... last time she went to the groomers!

I have a few teenagers that I have known since they were little, that I now hire to care for her. She has known them all her life. They just move in. Now when I get back from vacation ( even though I will talk to her daily), she just says " where have you been?" No punishment, no transition.Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful! LOVES her daddy ( just look at her eyes!) Sophie would be climbing all over me in that situation! I say every spring, " I'm gonna train her"... but I don't! Be there for me in the spring-summer, and I will do it!

I was the naive parent that had a bird that was trimmed her first year. She LIVED outside with me. I learned from this site that I " dodged a bullet!" Nancy

• 3 weeks later...