NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Newport Kite Festival

Almost any decent weekend, you can expect to find a bunch of kites in the sky above Fort Adams State Park. Sunday turned out to be the annual Kite festival. So many extraordinary kites for as far as you could see!

But we didn't know that when we decided to take a random drive to Newport RI just because it was a spectacular Sunday afternoon. Shame because all I had w/me was my iPod. Sorry for the pic quality.

catKite.jpg

formationFlying.jpg

gooseKite.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

No hot air balloons, unfortunately. That's at the shore & the wind is always too turbulent. But there were some guys w/go carts & para-sails. Somehow they managed not to run anyone over in spite of the crowd & it looked pretty fun!!

Ray, you're a man after my own heart. :) Whenever I finally take the snow brush out of the trunk, my big ol 2 line kite takes it's place. I couldn't trust it in all that congested air space because we had another storm coming in & the wind was just too strong & fitful. Otherwise, I couldn't tell you the last time it stayed in the car at Ft Adams, the beach, or wherever else.

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

pirateShipKite.JPG

• 2 months later...

In this forum every member has shared nice pictures of birds especially of parrots. I love this bird even I kept it as a pet. The lovely thing about it was spoken parrot and looks beautiful. One day my younger brother opens its cage and it flew away. I miss him a lot today to see the shared pictures recall my memories.