NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Posting

kittykittykitty

• 4 weeks later...

This is because the forum times us out when we take too long to write a post. It auto signs you off, so when you click to send your post, while it may look as if you are still signed in, you are not . So you get the message that you are not allowed to post, please refesh your browser and sign in. It can be frustrating because your post is then gone.

Admins, can the time out limit be increased? This happens to me all the time (you know how freakishly wordy I am) :)

Not to mention that I am old, naturally blonde, and tablet keyboard challenged........ :o

PS: A workaround is to always highlight and copy your entire post before hitting the post button. That way if you have been auto logged out, you can sign back in, then paste your response. Although some mobile device keyboards do not have a way to do that.

Edited by Inara

When you log in make sure you click the remember me box and that way you won`t time out.

When your done don`t log out, that way you will never time out.

If you log out you will have to click remember me box whenever you log in.

Edited by Ray P

I am using an iPad mini. I type with one finger while holding the tablet in the other hand. Then, the spell check changes my chosen words which I had spelled correctly. I often have to backspace/delete and retype. Then I get distracted and walk away. I do a "select all" and copy. If I get that message that I am not allowed to post, it suggests I go back and refresh the screen. When I do that, I get a blank reply box. Then it gives me the option to restore my back up version and I have been finding that most of my message is intact. I was attributing it to my browser timing out rather than the forum. But, to Ray's point, I do make sure the "remember me" is checked off when I log in. I have been having trouble at the home screen trying to log in. What I discovered is when I go to "what's new" and scroll to he top right I can log in there and generally it is still there and logged in when I come back using my "book mark".

Hey thanks. Ray, I never check the "remember me" button, so will try that for sure. Dee, sounds like we have the same posting style when mobile rather than laptop. Thanks to you, I just did a search on how to copy and paste using my tablet, and wheeeee I have learned a great feature. Just goes to show that an old bird can indeed learn new tricks.