NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cleaners

alex2014

Anyone know what cleaners are safe to use, i'm talking about on the seed catcher. Right now i just use a spray bottle of water, a plastic putty knife and a paper towel to clean off the poop. I read some references to vinegar and water. Just looking for something to make it easier to clean. Didn't know if commercial products like simple green which are supposed to be non toxic were safe. I wouldn't use it on the cage itself, just the seed catcher.

Any and/or all of the above. I put boiling water on a folded up paper towel, spritz it with vinegar and use that to wipe everything down. If there are dried stuck on bits I either set the paper towel on those for a few secmonds to soften, or I spray with a natual enzyme prodect called Natures Habitat. Then I rewipe everything down with another boiling water only paper towel. I do this every morning so it really only takes a few minutes. Once a week I wipe down every bar and nook and cranny and now that it is summer here, I tke the entire cage outside, hose it down and let the sunshine dry it and really bake it abt once a month.