NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I Think He is Trying to Cheer Me Up!

chezron

All morning Brutus has been saying stuff like, "Yippee! Mom's home!" and "Mom's incredible" and "There's Mama. Go see Mama." It is so funny to hear all this "Mom" stuff. He is staying on topic and just saying all the complimentary "mom" stuff he knows. He has never done this before and I am thinking now that he knows what he is doing by choosing these phrases specifically. He is even saying things I haven't heard in months! I am deeply touched!

Edited by chezron

This is so funny because about once a day or so, I find Brutus chilling on his stand, and I proceed to tell him all the ways "Mama is proud of him." I guess he was just trying to do that for me. It makes my heart melt when I think about it!

Gracie my CAG says all kinds of complimentary things, but they are all about herself! "Gracie is gorgeous", "Gracie is smart", "Daddy loves Gracie", "Gracie is a good bird." I try to get her to flip the script and compliment me, but she just looks at me like "are you kidding me with this?" I am glad your sweet Brutus is showing care and admiration toward you. You deserve it, and I'm sure he means every word.