NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

AHHH! Phoenix's new toy!

M'sBabies

I found a toy with large plastic keys that has buttons to push that make all different types of sounds. He LOVES it so now we get to listen to cars honking non stop! lol He races to the bottom of the cage if he drops it and gets REALLY mad if I try to take it away from him. He's having fun which makes me happy.

Its tough regarding toys. Some like chewable toys, educationale two year old toys. All greys are different. Sophie is NOT into toys. Has never liked toys. WE are her toys. What we like, she likes. Any activity we are involved in, she is part of it. As far as dinner, she has her own setting at the table. I WISH she liked toys Nancy

It's hard to find a toy that will suit all birds but we've come close. Our breeder that we got our Jardines from asked that we purchase a couple of the triangle teasers. All three of our birds go after this one. Greycie Mae can destroy it quick but the smaller/younger in our troup take a little longer.

It's a very simple toy. Has two latches on both ends and is designed to hang in an inverted arch. (Not hanging straight down as shown). It's completely re-loadable if you have the tools or can buy wood reloads.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=24822

Sounds like a very cute toy -- while it lasted! :D :D

alex2014, Inara's favorite toy is her little wooden shoes that we got from Carolz's shop. She L O V E S it. I put "cookies" she calls all dry foods cookies into some of the shoes each morning, and if I forget she will remind me by saying, "Get the cookies." or "How about the cookies?" She also loves to chew on the shoes.

woodenshoes3.jpg

Her 2nd favorite foraging toy is a plastic carousel with several boxes on it, each with a different type of lid to open. She figured it out in no time flat, but never is bored with it. I positioned it near the bottom of her cage (out of the poop zone) so that she can stand on the grate while she twirls it around and opens each box for a treat. I usually put special items into the box such as almonds in the shell, pieces of parrot cookies, and a mixture of sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds.

woodenshoes.jpg

Edited by Inara

Sounds like a very cute toy -- while it lasted! :D :D

alex2014, Inara's favorite toy is her little wooden shoes that we got from Carolz's shop. She L O V E S it. I put "cookies" she calls all dry foods cookies into some of the shoes each morning, and if I forget she will remind me by saying, "Get the cookies." or "How about the cookies?" She also loves to chew on the shoes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25326[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25327[/ATTACH]

Her 2nd favorite foraging toy is a plastic carousel with several boxes on it, each with a different type of lid to open. She figured it out in no time flat, but never is bored with it. I positioned it near the bottom of her cage (out of the poop zone) so that she can stand on the grate while she twirls it around and opens each box for a treat. I usually put special items into the box such as almonds in the shell, pieces of parrot cookies, and a mixture of sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds.

Mar had one of those plastic carousel toys. He broke it the first day. It's on Peck's cage now and he's so gentle with the remaining doors. It's amazing to see the differences in how these birds interact. Mar was all about brute force to get to what he wanted. Peck is more methodical and tries to figure things out. They are such amazing creatures.