NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Poisonus Flowers

Talon

If it's poisonous or toxic and in my house..Nilah will find it!! Doesn't matter where I hide it, cupboards, closets, cabinets. Yesterday I couldn't find her anywhere...Guess where she was??? She crawled thru the cat door into the basement, and was perched up on some shelves pulling the fiberglass insulation down from the ceiling!! I sometimes wonder how she's still alive! As for WHERE WAS I when this happened?? Folding laundry on the couch, I have an open floor plan, but last I saw, she was on top of the fridge... She's worse than any of my 4 kids were!

• Haha 1

Glad to hear Nilah is okay. Sterling Gris, my CAG, a big food hound is always snacking on my plants if I don't watch out. I am a big indoor plant nut, I guess it comes from the country girl having to live in the city and needing to have things growing......

Lilies such as Day, Stargazer, Tiger, Asiatic, etc. have been shown to cause acute kidney injury in cats. This appears to be feline specific. The toxic principal is at this time unknown. Other types of lilies, such as Peace lilies and Callas cause digestive symptoms but not the acute kidney injury. Lilies and onions are related and I was told by our vet that they can cause the same hemolytic anemia if ingested. I don't chance it. All my pretty peace lilies were given new new homes. This kidney toxicity has not been recorded in dogs, humans or other mammals, and I would assume birds, but it might be prudent to get rid of or otherwise limit access to the plant just out of an abundance of caution.

I try to have plants in the house. However they only last about a month after I buy them. Do you think the dead sticks left over would be toxic as well, lol? (jk) That seems to be what I can grow, dead sticks! No farmer or anything even close to green in my bones!

Thank you Muse. I never as a rule bring my outside flowers into the house, but I had cut a few lilies to take to work, but Nilah found them before I caught her.

Greys have such a knack for that! Megan is constantly getting into things she shouldn't.