NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

NIlah...again..

Talon

So this past week, after the birds & I have breakfast, I put Nilah in HER Outdoor Bird room so she can enjoy the morning sunshine for about a half hour before I go to work. Then when I get home around 5ish, I let her go back out there. She stays there for a very long time usually. Well, last night, she was out there for about an hour, then she flew frantically into the house and around everywhere and landed in her purple atom in my living room hiding. She was clearly frightened and upset, you could see it in her eyes and body language, she wouldn't even step up on me (very unusual)..So I let her be until she wanted out a while later. She spent most of the night glued to me. Obviously SOMETHING scared her outside.

SO this morning, I went to let her out again, and she knew it cause I asked her if she wanted to go..I kept trying to get her to step up near the door and she lightly kept biting my finger to let me know, she wasn't going!! I wish I knew what frightened her, I checked and didn't see anything, it must have been a scary flying predator. Hopefully tonight will be okay for her as I will go out and sit with her.

I say our Toby is 10ft tall and bullet proof (plus he's a black belt in Caiquey-jiu-jitsu) and nothing scares him...but...something near their hanging atoms the other day scared the crap out of him (more than normal if you know what I mean). It took two days before I could get him to go back over there and he's still leary of the area. Have no idea what he saw.

Well as I write this post, Nilah and I are together in HER Bird room. She was a bit cautious at first, but I kept her on my shoulder and we walked to the middle of the room and I stayed there while she looked around and I told her how everything was okay. And just like an amazon....she quickly forgot and went onto a perch to chew the wood frame of HER Room!

Edited by Talon
stupid ipad!