NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Give Me ATTENTION!!!!!

ShaneO

I took 2 good Vids of Garcia begging for Attention. As well as some good up close shots of her new feather Growth.

VIDEO 2:

03f30b9a-7b5d-4001-af77-e4452f3578d8.jpg

acc50b82-54e2-40fd-878e-22d407330d69.jpg

482dfc46-0cbc-40d0-b42f-39fd14546a99.jpg

I have one more video coming (slow YouTube)

Edited by ShaneO

Well how precious is she??! I love her! Her little nekked self is sure settling in and feelin' the love, isn't she? She looks like she is loving the freedom from the cone, and being able to move around unrestricted. What a doll :)

• Sad 1

ShaneO Its making a difference!Keep doing what you are doing! She is trying to remain strong not to scratch her itch. Remind her " NO!", you dont appreciate the pluck, but keep her saturated and tell her how proud you are when she hasn't pulled out her feathers. I can tell... she wants you to be proud of her and she wants to make you happy. You have to totally empathize with her and let her know " her itch, is your itch". She will learn you are her partner, and just want the " best" for her.

Always think " out of the box"... think like a grey. It has served me well. I always try to think what Sophie is thinking. I never doubt myself, and I suspect thats why Sophie is a very strong, loving, idependent, well socialized bird that she is Nancy

Have you tried taking her out into the sunshine? It worked for my grey when he started to barber his feathers. Just 15 minutes most days and you will see a remarkable calmness as your bird can make Vitamin D. A cage next to a window does not work because glass filters the beneficial rays, so the cage must go outside. What fixed Brutus is regular trips outside into the sunshine, and he also eats one cooked organic chicken drumstick bone every week. Both of these changes were suggested by my Avian Vet. The bones supply lot of valuable nutrients from the marrow. Seriously, after making these changes, Brutus never barbered his feathers ever again. Try it!

Have you tried taking her out into the sunshine? It worked for my grey when he started to barber his feathers. Just 15 minutes most days and you will see a remarkable calmness as your bird can make Vitamin D. A cage next to a window does not work because glass filters the beneficial rays, so the cage must go outside. What fixed Brutus is regular trips outside into the sunshine, and he also eats one cooked organic chicken drumstick bone every week. Both of these changes were suggested by my Avian Vet. The bones supply lot of valuable nutrients from the marrow. Seriously, after making these changes, Brutus never barbered his feathers ever again. Try it!

She LOVES going outside. I will def try your other suggestions, Thank You.