NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Mama Mia coughs !

ChrisC

I had that problem when I had pneumonia and coughed constantly. Both Greys suddenly developed a barking cough. Our avian vet said birds do not cough like humans do and not to worry about it. Neither showed any signs of sickness except for the coughing sound, so I think she was right. It was pretty convincing at the time, though!

Sophie coughed within 24 hours of us joining our family. I freaked... rushed to the vet ( an avian expert), who just laughed at me! Asked if anyone was sick. Why yes... my son has a cold as well as has asthma! Sophie was already imitating him. Eventually, Sophie got soooo good with a cough, she could hear a wheeze that I didn't hear. Quite amazing without a stethoscope. If she imitated wheezing, I knew someone was sick and starting to wheeze and didn't want me to know. She could hear wheezes way before me. Sophie became an " asthma radar"... if she was imitating wheezing.... someone was sick and didn't want to let me know! Nancy

I noticed a coworker was coughing like Sophie two weeks ago. It was a " familiar cough to me"... Sophie's.When they truly became sick with a cold, I asked this person if they had asthma, and they said yes! I didn't know how to tell them that they were in " asthma staticus", which Sophie tells me all the time her diagnosis, and is correct. I just suggested they go see their MD and didn't want to say anything about Sophie. Nancy