NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Crickets late start

Ray P

This year Cricket Came into season late and I think it`s because of the strange winter we had.

Crickets normal start is mid December and last to about mid April, but this year she did not start until early March and now she seams to be at her peak and it`s mid May.

It`s still cold here for this time of year as the temperature climbs slowly. We have had a few hot days and that's about it.

Has any one noticed their birds clock being off this year as compared to other years.

I know I remembered to wind my calendar.

Crickets routine has been standard over the last 5 1/2 years until this year. Cricket is about 18 years old so she is not new to this.

Other that this she seams to be very happy and loveable as normal.

Anything different about your fids this year ???

My other fids seam for the most part a little off but normal.

My Louie, is he the only male zon here???? Well, he is now 6, I believe that is the "mature" age for zons/parrots. He is still the sweetest and quite guarded parrot I have. I still cannot touch him or even hand him food without a quick lunge but if my 4 year old grandson hands him a treat he is gentle and nice. He just does not trust girls/women.

Louie does not show any signs of being sexual. I consider myself lucky that my gang are gentle souls.

I think your gang is so gentle because you have a gentle nature. My house with 3 teenagers in it, 2 dogs and 3 cats creates a lot of chaos. Plus me feeling like I have to control everything and always on a schedule adds to the anxiety. I really need to slow down in life and take the time to enjoy it instead of rushing thru it every day so that I can get everything done that needs doing...:(