NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

End of week 1 Whoo Wee!

Ronda477

LOL Ok well this is the end of week one with my little SweetHeart! What a week it has been. All kinds of emotions and worries and thank god for all of you here!

Anyway she is doing a little better, she's not as flighty as she was the first few days. She still doesn't want to be held too much so we just do it when she flies off or seems like she's interested. She is playing with more toys now. The first few days she wouldn't touch anything and if you tried to give her something she still wouldn't take it. She would lean back like what are you trying to do. She's still kind of like that, cause she won't take anything from our hands yet. She won't eat anything besides pellets and seeds no matter how much I cook her something to eat! Or just fresh veggies and fruits! But I'm sure she will come around. She's still getting used to it all. I want to thank all of you! For being here and the advice! I know I will need lots more to come but just wanted to say Thank you! Just wanted to give you an update on how she was at the end of week 1. I will post of few new pics on here as well. We finally took some today! :P

sweetheart001.jpg

Post edited by: Ronda477, at: 2007/11/02 15:04<br><br>Post edited by: FairY, at: 2007/11/03 09:32

LOL Laurie I don't know about fine! But there is some progress:woohoo:

And Briansmum I don't blame you lol. But we are now thinking of building an addition onto our living room for a bird room :ohmy: We want a few more birds! But in time of course. Not any time real soon, maybe by next summer. We want a Congo and a Macaw and a Cockatoo lol. Nothing big or anything :lol:

Yes that is the problem unless you live in a mansion there seems to be not enough room for our bird habits. LOL We live in a modular home and we want to build a 10x50 addition off the living room. I held a Cockatoo today at the pet store and he was sooooooooo lovey!!!! So hopefully we can build by next summer. My husband wants more birds now as well. I brought up the idea of building onto the living room and he was all for it lol. So we'll see you all know how husbands can be lol.

I'm with you Ronda. Ive been talking about getting a B&G Macaw in a year once we have Dayo out of the "Baby" mode. I figured I would turn our Family Room into a Jungle Room theme with nothing but Parrots, bamboo on parts of the walls, perches and trees everywhere Etc.....

Kim came back with, "You want more Parrots, we buy a BIGGER house!!:ohmy: So, I guess, a bigger house it is then, next year :-)