NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Laying Eggs Like Crazy, lol

carolz7

I have no experience with female birds. Even when i had 28 pet birds i only had 2 girls in the flock.

So this new adopted grey is 19 years old and have started laying eggs since last week.

I was told to leave the eggs so she does not continue to lay more.

As of today she has laid number 4. I have no idea what to do.

Anyone have some helpful advise please.

I had her on the play stand and came back and she was no where to be found/

Found her underneath her cage and that is when she laid number 4.

My poor baby looks such a mess.

2014-05-08 14.22.11.jpg

Been there, asked the same questions! lol ( search 21 yr old just laid an egg ) I am sorry, i just woke up and not clear thinking yet but i remember i was told they will lay 4 or 5, more than that is when i should call the vet. They explained what to feed and what not to feed during this time, how to interact with her and how not to. It was very informative and really helped me thru.

Every one calm down, egg laying is a very natural part of being a female bird. As long as the diet is good, they get adequate Sunlight and you leave the eggs alone until they loose interest all should be fine. Your bird can read your stress so chill out and just allow her to be a bird. Intervention is only needed in rare instances and then you provide heat and call your Vet.

Thank you i was in shock at first but then figured it is natural and knew the eggs were not fertile. I have been watching her and she seems to be done laying eggs for now. Had a total of 4 or 5 but she looks normal again and is talking up a storm.

I did change her diet and all is well.

So happy all is good. Sophie nor any of my girls have ever laid an egg. So happy there are people here to keep us calm! I'm stellar with diet and behavior, biting issues, timeout etc... but no knowledge with eggs! LOL It is awesome that we all come with different experience, and have the opportunity to share. Nancy