NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bubba escaped from his cage last night during dinner.

murfchck

So time to start thinking about how to keep that boy in his cage. Put them in for dinner last night and went to the kitchen and looked at the mess I made cooking for them and decided our dinner would be ordered out! While cleaning, Pat was on the phone with him mom and I kept hearing strange noises from the birds room and grey whistles that were new. I go to the door and listen by try to keep out of site, I sneak up and start to open the baby gate to get closer and am face to face with Bubba who got out again and was half way up our wooden louvered door, of course I screamed like a little girl cuz that wasn't something I expected. He screamed back and then everyone joined in. First thing we did was a blood check in all the cages but all was good, we were lucky so today starts the "how to rig a cage and make it escape proof" fun. Deep down both Pat and I were blaming ourselves about Bubba getting out and hurting Cotay, maybe, just maybe we left a door open but last night was proof that Bubba really did open his door and get out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So time to start thinking about how to keep that boy in his cage.......... maybe, just maybe we left a door open but last night was proof that Bubba really did open his door and get out.

My fids have deadbolts on their cage doors and food openings. Ana Grey, TAG, opens one of the food openings every time and flies into the kitchen or to me. She has figured out how to slide the bolt. Has to be because I lock the bolt.