NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Theme Song

Inara

Life is never dull with HRH Inara. The way her brain works just tickles me grey. Some of you will recall that one of her favorite tunes is "Walk Like an Egyptian" by the Bangles. She sings the "wallllk" part and the "way oh way oh" parts. Well, apparently she has put together what the word "walk" means. As if a light bulb went off in her pretty head about a week ago, every time I walk to the kitchen she sings.... "wallllllllk." Naturally I tell her that the lyrics are, "walk like an Egyptian, NOT wallllllk to the kitchen." She is has kept this up for a week, several times a day without fail. :D

We now do "yoga" together. In the mornings when she gives me her bowed head with her wings stretched high behind her, I bow down with her, and say --- yohhhgah. She now does it when I say yohhhhgo and bow down with my arms behind my back. She gets so excited and we do it about three times together a couple times a day. She always finished with a flourish of fluffing, shake, and tail wiggles. Too keewt.

Further on the exercise front, we've been working together on recalls, and increasing her intentional (not startled) flight distance. She is loving it, as evidenced by her voluntarily flying from her play perch to the footstool, to my knee, to the table, etc. and back and forth. All short distances, but with confidence and apparent joy as when she lands she singer her own personal made up "doop doop doop" song and does a little happy dance.

Yes, still besotted with her, and expect to continue to be so for a lifetime.

I enjoy your posts so much. We are behind you on the flight, trust and compatible "play" but are moving in that direction. Little Miss Inara HRH is a joy to behold. It is like she was waiting for you and was kissed by fate to lead a charmed life and has embraced that by being a charming companion.