NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New here and wanting to build an outdoor aviary

Hi bird lovers! I'm new to this forum (the grey forum I used to be a member of years ago must have closed down?). My 8 year old CAG is Zeke and he has been with us since he was a wee babe and in those 8 years we have gone through many family changes (older kids graduating, two more human babies being born and moves) that he has always handled like a champ. In our previous house he had a swing on the patio near the pool where he often hung out with us. In our new home the backyard is too open with too strong of a wind to allow this so I would like to build an outdoor aviary for him. He would never be outside unattended but I still want it secure from predators, fun for him and easy to clean. I would love to see pictures of any outdoor aviaries you may have. I did look in the "show me your cage" thread. Again, this will just be another play area for him, not his home. Thanks

Welcome. Zeke sounds like a doll and one lucky doll too. Just out of noisiness, do you remember what forum you belonged to eight years ago?

Hi Brat Birds, I love the picture quote in your signature! I can't remember the exact name but I thought gray was int he title or aye it was African gray???? I can't find it anywhere so I'm assuming it no longer exist. One of the moderators was Preston who lived in the northern area of DFW Tx..... Why do you ask? Are you possible familiar with it?

Hi Zoomommy and zeke. Welcome to the both of you to the grey forum.

That other forum was the African Grey forum and I se its no longer on line.

I was also a member on that forum, but never posted much (4 or 5 times) and than I found this forum and I call Grey forums home.

OH, we love pictures.

Hi Zoomommy and zeke. Welcome to the both of you to the grey forum.

That other forum was the African Grey forum and I se its no longer on line.

I was also a member on that forum, but never posted much (4 or 5 times) and than I found this forum and I call Grey forums home.

OH, we love pictures.

I tried to post at least a profile picture but I'm apparently more challenged then I thought! Haha and that was after reading the instructions in the thread of how to do it. I was able to go to full reply mode and click the attachment but when I got into the photobucket portion is when I had problems (the image is already in photobucket). I also did not see how to upload the profile picture but figured if I could create the album I could address that part later. I'm pretty sure JudyGram was on the old forum too, right?

Hi zoomommy, I remember you from the other forum. Preston has since died, Jane kept it up and last I knew it was still running. But we are glad you are here with us and joining our family! Many older members here come from there as well. I look forward to seeing pics and hereing more!

Hi zoomommy, I remember you from the other forum. Preston has since died, Jane kept it up and last I knew it was still running. But we are glad you are here with us and joining our family! Many older members here come from there as well. I look forward to seeing pics and hereing more!

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. I suspected that May have been the case as I knew he was on disability and I recently tried to call him with a parrot question and it was no longer his number (we lived in the same metroplex area and he was the one that told me which vet to go to). Did I have the same name on the other forum? Haha I don't even remember! I'm glad there are some familiar people here :)