NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

2 Ingredient Pancakes

murfchck

I have been struggling to find something all my birds will eat, and i found it. 2 ingredient pancakes! All the bowls were empty last night (except one and that was Lilly who only eats pellets and apple so far) Of course the hubs and I had to sample and i don't even like bananna's but it smelt so yummy!

2 eggs

1 bananna

Mix well and make your pancakes! I used coconut oil to add flavor when cooking.

Yup... bigger table needed! I'm getting a new grill this spring! I want a webber! Sophie is excited! LOL! Noone rants and raves about my cooking like Sophie! So when kids complain that she is my favorite child.... they have a point.

she loves my grilling... does her AWWWWWW,,,, ( that is good). I don't see my kids saying AWWWWWW Nancy

I din't know that! Thanks! She has always thrown out onions, so I am grateful to learn this! As Sean is coming home for the summer, and she worships the ground he walks on, I suspect she would have eaten the onions.As kids are off to college, when they are home now, it is especially important to her. Things she blue off or didn't like, is different now. She is more loving and excited when they are home and makes more compromises. She is no longer the " spoiled child" she has been forever. Their relationship is very important to her, as she misses my kids very much. Nancy

And now i am back to being confused. With Olivers respitory issues, i was told to give him garlic atleast once a week. (a little in his eggs) Then i ordered the Nourish to Flourish cook book and it is in that too. Onions we were always leary of and since i am not an onion fan, it wasn't that big of a deal. I think any more i just stay in a state of confusion, the more i try to learn, the worse it is, lol.

It was at a sancuary we went to. They were serving the eggs and i told them i thought garlic was a nono and they said it isn't so, foolishly i guess i trusted them. My cook book is in my car but i think i saw garlic and onion in there, but i will check it today and let you know. I leave it in my car so i will always have it when i go to the grocery store. lol

From what I know by researching the subject there are no necessary nutrients for birds in any onion, garlic or leeks. I do think it takes more than just a little ingested to kill a parrot but why take chances?

When introducing new herbs or foods to any parrot I always suggest we error on the side of caution. Although some parrot species may be able to consume small amounts of fresh or powdered garlic without ill effects, I think running the risk of causing hemolytic anemia is too great a danger, especially when there are safer, gentler natural alternatives. Years ago when I interviewed Dr Greg Harrison (Harrison’s Bird Diets) he explained that he and many of his colleagues would not do feeding trials on birds to test a food, chemical or substance they knew or suspected would cause harm. I applaud Dr Harrison’s attitude as I think we need to replace traditional feeding trials with a more humane, long term system, of feeding studies.

Avian veterinarians have repeatedly stated that malnutrition is the leading cause of illness, disease and early death of birds. If nutrients are missing from a bird’s diet, this results in either malnutrition or undernutrition.Patricia Macwhirter DVM, (in Avian Medicine: Principles and Application) malnutrition or undernutrition can cause a specific health related, or behavior related, problem or it can suppress a bird’s immune system. When the immune system has been suppressed the body becomes vulnerable to infection from a variety of pathogens: bacteria, fungus, virus or parasites.