NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Solomon Update

Guest XxExoticPsychExX

Guest XxExoticPsychExX

I haven't posted in awhile, but I've brought a video to share!

Over the past 2 1/2 years since I adopted Solomon, I have also adopted 2 house sparrows, Jackie and Juicy Fruit, and a parrotlet named Kiwi. As some of you may remember, Solomon originally came from a one bird home, not much out of cage time, scared of everything and really only interacted with one person.

I'll upload some more stuff and pictures later. :-)

He seems oblivious to the sparrows sharing his cage. I liked the way he says his name. Also, loved that toy that looks like a marionette puppet. He hauled him up to play with his hat and sent him swinging to "hang". Solomon is really shining in your home. Thanks for the update.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XxExoticPsychExX

Thank you everyone :)

I recently had to get a new phone, so ALL of my stuff was lost.

The little sparrows were rescued as babies by my boyfriend last year. The poor little guys were attacked by a Blue Jay and, since they were on top of the others, suffered the majority of the blows. They were no where near old enough to fledge, one fell out (2 stories high) and the other was stuck on the edge of the nest, hanging by a toe. They had multiple puncture wounds on their backs and head, I almost thought they weren't going to make it. Then when I found out that these sparrows are actually an invasive species, I decided to give them sanctuary in my home.

I'm surprised that Solomon has embraced them at all. He's use to being an only child and I thought he'd freak out. He likes them so much that he's not territorial AND he mimics their call. :)

Amazing! I'm so glad you have opened your home to these birds. Greys can surprise us with their empathy. Sophie is very empathetic, and has demonstrated to me her leadership ability in ruling our animal kingdom. From birds of different species, to our dogs, Sophie has been in charge more than a decade.I LOVE that she will ask Ollie my pup " Do you want a peanut?" She will give him one. I find it strange for a dog to like a peanut, but Ollie does. In the morning... she walks out and tells Ollie to share his chicken. He does! LOL. I watch their interactions, and find them strange, but who am I to judge? They figure it out...but it was a long road of constant supervision to get here. Nancy

Interesting comments about the sparrows. I've posted here before about my pet pigeon but I'lll reiterate: I found him floating down a creek sure to die somewhere down the line. We raised him in a box outside our back door and he made it known that he wanted to be an inside bird. He flew beside my motorcycle on the way to work every workday for several years. It was always my intention that he could fly away free any time he chose...he never did. He always wanted inside the house. I saw one at work the other day. I have the feeling that one day I will find myself face to face with Mr. Pidgeoy again.