NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

An Article: Feeding Our Parrots Well

ranaz

The one thing I read that I would kind of worry about was feeding citrus fruit peels, even though peels have lots of good nutrition.Things are so often dyed, sprayed, waxed, etc & I just don't know about feeding it to the fids no matter how well washed.

Otherwise, I like that article very much. And I do think there's a lot to what she's written. Thanks for sharing.

One of the many things I've learned on GF is that some produce seems to be routinely packaged differently around the country. I said something about celery one time & was surprised at what people normally found in their neighborhood grocery stores.

There was a time, around here at least when oranges were routinely dyed. I don't know if they do that any more. But you can definitely see the wax on apples & other things sometimes.

It also feels like some fruits have been polished w/something oily. Cucumbers are another thing. I never bothered to find out what that's about. It may even be perfectly safe. It just strikes me as icky for some reason. lol Like I don't even want to touch it, let alone bring it home.

I really should have said I was concerned about being able to get peels/skins clean. They are good food & I know it's a waste. But unless it's organic produce, I tend to be a little over cautious about them.