NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My Outdoor Avairy!

Talon

So today was the first really warm day with out the wind whipping. So Nilah spent the entire day out in the bird room, no surprise there. I brought Talon out while I added some new things to it. She has been out for about an hour taking in all the sounds of the outdoor birds. I think she's liking it although she is a bit leary. I had an old love seat out their for me to sit on with my cats and dogs while I use my iPad. I am really enjoying it and of course it certainly was the best investment I have made to my house!

I went to a small bird fair yesterday and bought some really cheap homemade bird perches and swings that were nicely made and added them to the room. Its starting RO come along! Now i hope to,purchase some more rope boings as those are a favorite of my birds for the room, I only have one out there so far, but many other perches that Talon thinks are there to murder her!!!!

Oh pictures of this aviary room, please. I am so jealous. It is so hard to carry out three cages on the warm days. I so want an aviary off the birdroom for my gang. I need ideas.

Originally, before I became obsessed with the whole "room to fly" thing, we'd planned something along with lines of what they have at ParrotsR4ever.org. Here are their pictures - the aviary ones are near the bottom of the page. http://parrotsr4ever.org/facility.aspx He has a page with instructions here: http://parrotsr4ever.org/Aviary_Const.aspx

The time has come where you can start to enjoy your new outdoor domain.

We already know what Nilah thinks of it. Will she let the Greys in ? How about the tieal ?

Does Nilah have a favorite spot yet ?

Edited by Ray P