NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Restful shower

Brat Birds

Brat Birds... I'm so jealous! LOL! Sophie gives me a " no thank you", very politely when it comes to a shower. Once a month I have to go into " mama means business", and its got to get done. She knows and hates every minute of it. YOU are so lucky! Maybe I can send Sophie over to your house for a few days to see Peanut. Sunny and Kiki have always loved their shower, but no go for Sophie. Nancy

Thanks everyone. Nancy, there were many, many stern, bad Mommy days before he began to enjoy getting wet. With Peanut, I found that real warm water was the answer. My Sun likes his cold. The Tiel doesn't seem to care about temperature - just get it over as fast as possible! LOL

Brat Birds... I'm so jealous! LOL! Sophie gives me a " no thank you", very politely when it comes to a shower. Once a month I have to go into " mama means business", and its got to get done. She knows and hates every minute of it. YOU are so lucky! Maybe I can send Sophie over to your house for a few days to see Peanut. Sunny and Kiki have always loved their shower, but no go for Sophie. Nancy

This sounds so much like Megan. In fact, the last time I tried to give her a shower, she went crazy and flew into the mirror. She obviously needed it, as she left a perfect image of a flying Grey on the glass with her 'powder'. She flies from the spray bottle. Even when I have tried to mist her in her cage, she gets so upset and frantic that I am afraid she will hurt herself. The only way she will take a shower is if she has a bowl of water. And she has to be in the mood for this. Then she dances and plays in the water and loves it. Like *everything* else - it has to be on HER terms. She won't even indulge in the bird bath in the playroom, though it is a huge hit with all the other little birds except the budgies.

If Sophie didn't love and trust me, the shower business would be like the Wizard of Oz! I'm MELTING.... I"M MELTING!!!! Sean and I clean the cages. When the dander is high ( we know who it is), we just look at each other and know. Sean always says ( do you want to tell her, or should I?) I always tell Sean to tell her, I'll be waiting in the shower. I put on a tee shirt and shorts... Sunny goes first and loves it! Sophie playing on the floor with Sean. Sunny comes out, Sophie goes in. NO ROM NO! I tell her she is dirty and needs a bath. She tells me " Sophie no dirty!" Then she flips into every song she knows trying to convince me not to shower her. It gets done and quickly. I always cuddle her after and tell her I am sorry you don't like to shower and I love you. She forgives me quickly. We partial blowdry her as she likes that, but don't want to dry her out.Its a pain in the butt but we love our girl and her attempts to avoid the shower. Nancy