NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Mere right now!

Sanveaz

Escher is talking up a storm. Some things we understand and some we don't. Tonight I was cooking and we were having our nightly chat. He said hello several times, what ya doin a couple of times, what sounded like good boy and...... mere right now. I got so excited of course I had to come here right now and love him all up. As soon as I picked him up he laughed as if to say haha I got you trained now. By the way that's not a sentence we use, he did that all on his own.

Love that!! Escher is rocking and rolling and it's delightful to hear how he is communicating. Inara will say, "Come pick me up." I too will go immediately to reinforce that what she said is understood and has meaning to me.

Isn't it fascinating to see what sentences they put together all on their own? I don't mean that as patronizing toward them, I'm sure they wonder why the heck we are so slow at putting their language together. But I just mean, that I'm always thrilled when Inara (and every Grey here) mobilizes English in a way that clearly indicates an understanding of vocabulary.

Three cheers for Escher -- and you go there now!

Sanveaz... Your post brought a smile to my face! This is EXACTLY what all of us have gone thru! Every new word and action is precious.We are like crazy aunts and uncles and never get tired of learning every new word your baby says!... Nancy PS Sophie is still fascinated with her new word " morning". Morning, day and night! I LOVE it. Nancy