NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi!

Kerosene

I was violently threatened (just kidding) to introduce myself here so here I am. I'm Jessica. Currently thinking about adding an African Grey to my household. I am currently owned by 2 chihuahuas, Pirate and Kale, and 2 beta fish, Lil Dude and Fishstick. I grew up with cockatiels for YEARS and have always been interested in greys.

I also like chocolate, bbq chicken, and long walks on the beach..

Hello and welcome to the family, Jessica, glad you could join us and we won't threaten you any longer.:laugh: You sound like my kind of woman, I love the same things, maybe not in the same order.

I want you to research long and hard before you commit to getting a grey, make sure it is what you want and if it is then you won't be disappointed, they are awesome creatures.

We have many threads here on various topics, please read thru them at your leisure for lots of useful information that will help you make a decision. If you have specific questions just ask and don't worry if you think they are stupid sounding, we want to help you in any way we can.

You do have experience with birds since you have owned cockatiels but a grey is entirely different and by doing the research you will find that out.

I do hope that you find a grey is a good fit for you, we all love ours and cannot imagine life without them, they are so precious to us.

Thanks so much for introducing yourself, and that was not so bad now was it.:)

Oh, I don't plan on getting one for a year or two at least. I'm strictly researching at the moment. I'm the kind of person that researches and researches and researches before making ANY choice. It took me 3 years to get a DOG. I had to research the different breeds and whatnot. I made my choice and I couldn't be happier!

The fish however, well I felt bad that they were at walmart. I'm guilty of not researching them. But they're still alive almost 1 and 2 years later. That's gotta be a record for walmart fish..

Cockatiels are definitely different from the greys, I've learned that much already :)

It actually was very bad.. I almost broke a nail on the keyboard.. very traumatic.. :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I can imagine breaking a nail on the keyboard would be traumatic for anyone, I feel your pain.:( You seem to have a good sense of humor, something we all can use, glad to have you as part of our family, Jessica.

BTW, I have a granddaughter named Jessica, we call her Jesse for short.:)

LOL No Judy, he's just a nice guy. He's married and his wife would probably strangle me if I tried anything, which I wouldn't! lol

They are very big.. at least in their heads.. Kale very much has the 'big dog' personality. He likes to charge my mom's rottie and chase him around. He doesn't like too much when the rottie turns and chases him.