NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A bruise? (Naked body Grey with reddish mark)

Katertot

Hello!

My sweet Grey, Kenya, was let out this morning when I got up. She is bald on her chest due to plucking. Anyways, I noticed under her right wing there is a spot of red skin that was for sure not there last night. A bruise? A rash? Irritated from plucking? I just don't know! Anyone have any ideas? I will try and get a picture up later. Thanks for reading ^^

IMG_4217.jpg

Edited by Katertot
added pictures

Hello!

My sweet Grey, Kenya, was let out this morning when I got up. She is bald on her chest due to plucking. Anyways, I noticed under her right wing there is a spot of red skin that was for sure not there last night. A bruise? A rash? Irritated from plucking? I just don't know! Anyone have any ideas? I will try and get a picture up later. Thanks for reading ^^

Many things can happen to bald areas. The ones you name aren't unusual but as you said, we would need a photo to give opinions.

The left side of her chest is raw and I'm sure, is uncomfortable. She needs to go to the vet. Not only should you be concerned about infection, her comfort level needs to be addressed. When you adopt a grey into your family... we promise to keep them safe. Its not your fault... but the area needs to be addressed by a vet. Nancy