NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New To Bird Care, and Have lots of Questions!!!

Okay, so i came in today to find that Garcia had removed her cone of same over night. This is what was all over the bottom of her cage.

5c1296c0-cb03-46f2-8029-6438720665fb.jpg

I'm sorry for the huge picture i can't figure out how to make it small ATM...

Should i be worried that she may hurt herself now without the cone? She seems happier without it on, but i guess what I am asking is what do i need to look for before taking on the battle to put the cone back on?

Anyway you guys have told me before that once a plucker almost always going to be a plucker. You guys as well have told me to take the cone off but as I am not her full time owner it is not yet my decision to make.

Ok so she removed the cone and then went into catch up mode on herself, that is normal behavior. She has not been able to get to those itchy places or do any grooming so her immediate need was to take care of that. You might have more success with the bubble type collar or a sock buddy. Do let us know how the feather in treatment goes. Your finger looks painful I did the same thing to my little finger many years ago when I was cutting carrots with a dull knife having stitches through a fingernail is just not fun. My birds do not care what color my finger nails are painted-no reaction at all. I do have one who gets angry if I wear reading glasses the only time he is aggressive and he is a Too, Greys don't care here.

Okay, Should i be worried that she may hurt herself now without the cone? She seems happier without it on, but i guess what I am asking is what do i need to look for before taking on the battle to put the cone back on?

Anyway you guys have told me before that once a plucker almost always going to be a plucker. You guys as well have told me to take the cone off but as I am not her full time owner it is not yet my decision to make.

You need to understand some things about plucking/ chewing. By the way, the feathers that're in the photo have been chewed, not plucked.

So anyway, read this

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?198942-Chronic-Plucking-(-Different-than-acute-plucking)-Some-Facts

As far as resizing, where are you storing the photos ( photo library) Is it PHOTOBUCKET? If not, you should should think about joining it because all photos can be put in without losing them from your personal private files. and there's no charge. When you put a photo in, it can be resized ( 5 different sizes) You would use 800x600 or smaller.

You need to understand some things about plucking/ chewing. By the way, the feathers that're in the photo have been chewed, not plucked.

So anyway, read this

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?198942-Chronic-Plucking-(-Different-than-acute-plucking)-Some-Facts

As far as resizing, where are you storing the photos ( photo library) Is it PHOTOBUCKET? If not, you should should think about joining it because all photos can be put in without losing them from your personal private files. and there's no charge. When you put a photo in, it can be resized ( 5 different sizes) You would use 800x600 or smaller.

Dave to rescue again!! Thank you for the link to the post it very informative. I just want to make sure im not doing anything wrong and or making the situation worse by not putting the cone back on. Also thanks for pointing out the diffrence btween plucked and chewed. Garcia is the first brid I've had the pleasure of taking care of so I am still learning, as you can tell. It was just a huge shock to walk in and see no cone on and a pile of new feathers on the bottom of the cage.

I am using Photobuckete but they changed things up since the last time i used it and cannot find the different size options

Dave to rescue again!! Thank you for the link to the post it very informative. I just want to make sure im not doing anything wrong and or making the situation worse by not putting the cone back on. Also thanks for pointing out the diffrence btween plucked and chewed. Garcia is the first brid I've had the pleasure of taking care of so I am still learning, as you can tell. It was just a huge shock to walk in and see no cone on and a pile of new feathers on the bottom of the cage.

I am using Photobuckete but they changed things up since the last time i used it and cannot find the different size options

I've looked at Photbucket and things have changed. First thing, Go into your Photobucket account and login as if you're gonna store a pic( best thing with Photobucket is to never sign out)

You should see an empty area with the words

DRAG N DROP YOUR PHOTOS AND Videos HERE

OR

CHOOSE PHOTOS OR VIDEOS

In the upper right hand corner of that rectangular area, you should see a small star. Press it. click on resize. a list of resizing choices will be there

Click 800 x 600 or the next size smaller. Those sizes are the best to pick when using photos on different boards. Then click on upload. The photo you upload should be the size you picked.

HMMMMM--I'll tell you what. Find the same photo you just posted and go thru the instructions above and repost it on the board again.

Doing this will show the people here how intelligent you are. If you eventually have children, you can pass the info to the new generation.

Edited by Dave007

I've looked at Photbucket and things have changed. First thing, Go into your Photobucket account and login as if you're gonna store a pic( best thing with Photobucket is to never sign out)

You should see an empty area with the words

DRAG N DROP YOUR PHOTOS AND Videos HERE

OR

CHOOSE PHOTOS OR VIDEOS

In the upper right hand corner of that rectangular area, you should see a small star. Press it. click on resize. a list of resizing choices will be there

Click 800 x 600 or the next size smaller. Those sizes are the best to pick when using photos on different boards

HMMMMM--I'll tell you what. Find the same photo you just posted and go thru the instructions above and repost it on the board again.

Doing this will show the people here how intelligent you are. If you eventually have children, you can pass the info to the new generation.

lol, i have 3 when i get home ill show them.

2nd try on the pic, Better but still kinda big but i've got it down now.9ba29c73-ef5e-4cb9-8cba-e88018d6ed9a.jpg

Edited by ShaneO

• 7 months later...