NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Trick or Treat

Cyard

I was interested in how everyone's birds react if you pass out candy with all of the new visitors to your birds home? This is Newtons first year and I want to keep him from being stressed out as much as possible but I know that tonight that doorbell will be going crazy!:unsure:

And is anyone doing something fun for thier bird on halloween? We made a little treat for Newton of low fat peanut butter with seeds (rolled it, peanut butter is just to make the seeds into a ball) and put it into is treasure chest nesting toy. Now he has a trick and a treat! :P Plus lots of work ahead of him:evil:

This will be my greys first halloween and I plan on having him with me when I give out candy. If he gets stressed I will put him in his cage with some classical music on. I sit on the porch giving out candy so I don't have to worry about the doorbell...although by the end of the night your grey may be ringing just like the bell.

Guest briansmum

this is brians first halloween too, he has had a mini pumpkin all to himself as a treat. however my other half and i wont be in tonight. but brian doesnt seem bothered by noises outside his room LOL so i'm going to turn all the lights off so as not to attract too many people to the door, put the TV on loud and close the curtains in the living room and i am confidant brian will be fine.. with whats left of his pumpkin.

Well, trick or treating in my neighborhood takes place right at "Klausie-time." (Which is the time Klaus spends out of the cage, with me.) My husband works afternoons, so luckily my brother in law was here to help. I trick or treated with my son for a short while, then came home, let Klaus on my shoulder, and we passed out candy together. (My brother in law took a turn walking around with my son.) Klaus loved it! He was chattering away and wolf-whistling at everybody. It was a lot of fun - almost everyone ooh'd and aaah'd at Klaus. He's my good boy!

Sparky took a long nap this afternoon, so was wide awake for the 70-80 trick or treaters. He sat on my shoulder for some of the passing out candy time. Most kids asked if he was real because he didn't move a muscle when I opened the door. Then he would twitch some part of him and scare everyone who thought he was stuffed. It was great fun.

I had the baby out with me trick or treating. He was such a good boy. He used to be scared of everyone but me but he only growled at one person...the first kid to come up. He must have got used to the costumes after that, and he also let a couple kids pet him on the back. He ate some pumpkin seeds out of the Jack-O Lantern, so that kept him out of the candy bowl.