NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Jake's Blushing

Quirky

I kind of have a question... Over the last few weeks as the bond Jake and I share grows I've finally starting seeing the parrot blush that I have read about. I of course read up about it online and here and I know it has to do with being excited or perhaps lovestruck even? More recently I've been under a great deal of stress, easily the worst of my life. At night I talk to him, make sure he gets time out of his cage, and he's always in the room with me... but I have not been physically handling him as much...

Despite all of this since our confrontation a couple of weeks ago he has been nicely stepping up (even when chewing the carpet in the hall) and everytime I do handle him whether on my arm or shoulder I start feeling his little feet heating and an of course he has the blush going on. I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid as I thought he did a little head bob a few weeks ago while on my lap (which I have not seen since) I just want to find out if the frequency of the blush is any kind of indicator of if Jake is seeing me more as a potential mate than a companion. Or is he blushing everytime I handle him because I have not been holding him as much as before? :confused:

If it is a desire for me to be his mate I want to make sure I redirect his attention in a constructive way that re-establishes our teacher/ student relationship. Thoughts?

I kind of have a question... Over the last few weeks as the bond Jake and I share grows I've finally starting seeing the parrot blush that I have read about. I of course read up about it online and here and I know it has to do with being excited or perhaps lovestruck even? More recently I've been under a great deal of stress, easily the worst of my life. At night I talk to him, make sure he gets time out of his cage, and he's always in the room with me... but I have not been physically handling him as much...

Despite all of this since our confrontation a couple of weeks ago he has been nicely stepping up (even when chewing the carpet in the hall) and everytime I do handle him whether on my arm or shoulder I start feeling his little feet heating and an of course he has the blush going on. I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid as I thought he did a little head bob a few weeks ago while on my lap (which I have not seen since) I just want to find out if the frequency of the blush is any kind of indicator of if Jake is seeing me more as a potential mate than a companion. Or is he blushing everytime I handle him because I have not been holding him as much as before? :confused:

If it is a desire for me to be his mate I want to make sure I redirect his attention in a constructive way that re-establishes our teacher/ student relationship. Thoughts?

AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,!!!!!!!

((DRUM ROLL) ) The true answer that everyone has been waiting for concerning this dilemma IS ~~~~~~~PARANOIA . Congrats to Quicky

Greys will blush when they're anticiipating, excited, fearful, agitated, dealing with what's about to happen, unsure of what's about to happen. Warm feet and cold feet are common. Head bobs are usual and common with all greys and other species of parrots, especially with music that catches their ears and with a person bobbing their head while close to the bird.

Sorry about the love connection but rest assured, there's alway that certain person around the corner.

AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,!!!!!!!

((DRUM ROLL) ) The true answer that everyone has been waiting for concerning this dilemma IS ~~~~~~~PARANOIA . Congrats to Quicky

Greys will blush when they're anticiipating, excited, fearful, agitated, dealing with what's about to happen, unsure of what's about to happen. Warm feet and cold feet are common. Head bobs are usual and common with all greys and other species of parrots, especially with music that catches their ears and with a person bobbing their head while close to the bird.

Sorry about the love connection but rest assured, there's alway that certain person around the corner.

Lmao thank you Dave... I suspected that there was some paranoia going on there, and here I was secretly hoping we would one day be on the Dating Game show together ;)