NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Aloe and greys

leonidas

Yeah, I only use the Aloe Juice on my CAG for baths...it will even take away that "dirty bird" smell.

Also, my baby "bobbed" on one of his toys thinking it would feed him and hurt the skin in the corner of him mouth/beak. I took a peace of aloe (I grow it in pots at the house) and rubbed it on the sore...it really helped. You can also let them eat fresh aloe too. I wouldn't go near the gels you buy in the store because they have a lot of added products to it, but the juice and fresh cuts are great for them.

Hey guys thanks for posting. lol it is true that baby wipes have other chemicals.. is there another alternative i can use?.. i figured if it was ok for a new born it would be ok for my babby CAG.. but i also understand that they are more sensitive to things. so anyother alternative?... Thanks for posting!...

I guess I forgot to ask one more important question, are you cleaning your Grey or just the area your Grey pooped on?

If it's the area, they are probably fine. I just use a wet sponge to swipe them right up and then a clean paper towel to dry the spot.

I used a slightly warm towel to clean my grey after feedings. Depending on where the grey is in the house determins what i use to clean with. I will use a wet cloth if he is with me in the kitchen and he poops on the hard floor, but if he is back in the bedroom in the cage I will use a Clorox wipe to get poop off the floor. It was discussed on another post that if you let bird poop dry on the carpet it is easier to clean up then if it is still wet.