NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Uploading Photos

Flint

It best to have an ONLINE STORAGE AREA. A very popular one is called PHOTOBUCKET. This is how it works....You take a picture from your digital camera and put it into your private photo file located on your PC. Not all pictures have to come from a digital camera. Any other pictures you have saved in any of your photo files can be put into PHOTOBUCKET

Type in PHOTOBUCKET and join. It's free and will always be free. After you join,when ever you go there you'll see words saying BROWSE. Click on any BROWSE section. Instantly, all of your files will appear. You simply open up any of your picture files and when you double click on it, and the link immediately copies to PHOTOBUCKET. Then on PHOTOBUCKET, you press UPLOAD. Your picture is now part of your ONLINE STORAGE AREA and you'll see it. To the left or under your picture, you'll see a link that starts withand ends with IMG. Click on that link and press COPY. Then, go to this board and type in any message you like in any area you like and when you're finished, right click your mouse and press PASTE. Then submit your post. Your post plus the picture will appear.

PS--PhotoBUCKET automatically resizes your picture so that you can put it on any board

Right then i'll have to practice with the photos, but from the 2 you can now see the difference in Flint.

The second photo shows bite damage to his shoulder as well as the fluffy stuff where his wing feathers used too be.

Take a good look see what you good folk think.

Flint

Concerning your practicing........

In PHOTOBUCKET, in the area where you saw the word BROWSE, right above it you'll see the word OPTIONS

Click on it and you 'll see

Image Options

Basic dimensions

Upgrade to pro dimensions

Avatar ( 100 x 75 ) 19" screen ( 1280 x 960 )

Thumbnail ( 160 x 120 ) 21" screen ( 1600 x 1200 )

Website, email ( 320 x 240 ) 22" screen ( 2048 x 1536 )

Message board ( 640 x 480 ) 23" screen ( 2240 x 1680 )

15" screen ( 800 x 600 ) 2 megabyte file size

17" screen ( 1024 x 768 )

1 megabyte file size

Pick out the size you like and that's what will be saved in your storage area

LovemyGreys

My opinion is that many birds have a very serious first molt. Some don't. Many times, it has to do with how high wired the bird is as far as personality. The first major molt combined with a nervous, possibly itchy skin may cause what's in the photo. The important thing is that the white down feathers are coming in It's not unusual for that to happen in young birds, especially Greys and Cockatoos. It may happen with the first major molt but not with molts that will occur in the future. But, this is just my opinion and I'm not discounting any visit to a Vet if necessary. It'll take quite a while for his feathers to grow back in . I would suggest that the owner get some ALOE GEL and rub a little on those bare areas.I'll try to show an example although it goes back a few years

This is Jazz when he was 1 yr old and had his first molt. He was and is high wired. This is what he looked like 2 mts after his first molt. He's now 7 yrs old and has never had a mutilating type molt again. . Also, he pulled out all the flight feathers on his left side. This is what he looks like now including his left wing.

DSCN0191-2.jpg

Smokeyscage.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/10/30 23:51