NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Need opinions please

M'sBabies

I feel like I am being too paranoid. I have a friend that has a Congo, Cockatoo and several Lovebirds. Over the past two weeks four of her Lovebirds have passed away. (All under a year old). She is having them tested to see what happened. She sent me a package with homemade food, treats and toys. I did not bring the box in the house and will be getting rid of it on trash day. Am I being too paranoid?

Not paranoid just having safety as your main concern. Were these toys new or used? If new they should be safe if used then trash them. There are so many non contagious things that can kill birds especially smaller birds - bad food, dirty water, toxic cage paint (yes they are manufactured that way-think Chinese lead paint) mold or mildew, eating bugs who may carry parasites, toxins inhaled from cooking, candles, room sprays and insecticide sprays just for starters. Small birds are more subject to all of these hazards. Do let us know what the post mortem results are.

I am so sorry for your friend! Absolutely don't let anything into your house related to her household. Go visit and support your friend... when you get home, strip in the garage and head directly to the shower. Its never an insult to your friend. Its protecting your fids and I am sure she would understand. I have been in the same situation and have done what I suggest. Nancy

• Haha 1